Bacon Breakfast Hash
- 4 slices Field Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (approx 4 cups cubes)
- 2 cups kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat. Add the bacon and saute until golden and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon to a paper towel or small bowl.
- Add the diced onion and red bell pepper to the pan and saute for one minute to soften.
- Add the diced sweet potato and spices to the pan. Cook the sweet potato for 10-12 minutes, stirring often. Place a lid on the pan for the last 5 minutes to soften the sweet potato until fork tender.
- Add the bacon back into the pan along with the kale and stir for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the kale is wilted.
- Use a spatula to create 4 wells in the hash. Crack an egg into each well and cook until the eggs are done to your liking. You can add a lid to the pan to cook the eggs through faster.
- Remove the breakfast hash from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.