- 1 lb. Field Bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Over medium heat, in a medium saucepan, cook bacon until crispy. Reserve about 1 Tbsp. bacon grease in the pan, and transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Sauté onion & shallots, stirring frequently, until they are caramelized, roughly 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and put the bacon back into the pan too. Cook until the liquid has reduced, the mixture has thickened, and the onions are jammy, 7-10 minutes.
- Cool the jam before pouring it into a jar. Serve how you’d like!
cup of jam