Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Your kids will love it!
- 1/4 pound Field Bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- Cook macaroni in boiling water as package directs. Drain the liquid into a 2-cup measure. If necessary, add more water to fill 2 cups.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat; add 2 tablespoons butter to pan. Heat until melted.
- Stir in flour. Slowly stir in evaporated milk and 2 cups water.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to the boiling point; season with Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Add cheese and continue to heat over low heat until cheese is melted. Add cooked macaroni; mix everything well.
- Serve with crumbled bacon on top.