Bacon & Snap Pea Fried Rice
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- Oil for coating
- 4 slices Field Bacon , diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into half moons
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 garlic scapes, cleaned and chopped
- 4 handfuls shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed, thinly sliced
- 6 cups cooked leftover rice
- 4 handfuls spinach, roughly chopped
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen peas
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 to 3 handfuls snow pea pods
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Begin by scrambling the whisked eggs in a large nonstick skillet, lightly brushed with oil. Be careful not to overcook them. Remove the eggs and set aside in a bowl when just done.
- Place the bacon in the skillet and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally. When the bacon is browned, remove it with a slotted spoon and place in a separate bowl. Set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease and return the skillet to the heat.
- Turn the heat to high and add the onion. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until it is wilted and slightly translucent. Add the garlic cloves, ginger, and scapes. Cook, tossing, for another 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice. If your pan is dry, add a drizzle of oil. Toss and break the rice up for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and soy sauce, then toss for another minute. Add the snow peas and frozen peas with the sesame oil and toss. Add the bacon and eggs back into the mixture and toss to distribute until everything is heated through. Add the honey, then taste for additional soy sauce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!