- 6 slices Field Bacon, chopped
- 16 crimini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To prep, the mushrooms, remove the stems and chop them up.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir the chopped mushroom stems and onion, until the onion softens. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the filling of mushroom stems, bacon, and 1 c. of the total cheddar cheese together. Fill each mushroom cap.
- Bake the mushrooms for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are heated through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to serve. Enjoy!