Beer-Braised Hot Dogs
- 1 package Field Old Fashioned Franks
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into rings
- 1 bottle beer (6 oz.)
- 2 tsp. butter
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter over medium-high heat in a skillet or frying pan. Brown hot dogs and set aside.
- Add the other Tbsp. butter and scrape any browned bits of hot dog. Add onions and coat with melted butter. Stir until onion is soft and golden.
- Return hot dogs to the pan and add in beer slowly. Lower the heat to medium and cook 10-15 minutes, or until the beer turns thick and syrupy. Turn the sausages over halfway through.
- Enjoy alone or on a bun!