Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 6 slices Field Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 TBS oil
- 1 TBS salted butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 150g stilton (include rind), grated
- Salt and Pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 425ºF / 220ºc.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and a couple of generous pinches of salt and pepper and mix with your hands so the cauliflower is evenly coated.
3. Roast the cauliflower in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes until it is soft and browned.
4. While the cauliflower is roasting, you can get on with the rest of the recipe.
5. Melt butter in a pan over high heat and fry the bacon until it is crispy.
6. Remove the bacon, leaving the fat in the pan on medium heat, and set to the side.
7. Add the onion, garlic and salt and pepper to the pot and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until softened.
8. Add the cream, stock, 1/2 of the blue cheese, all of the roasted cauliflower and bring the pot to the boil. Stir occasionally until the cheese has all melted.
9. Blend the soup until smooth
10. Top with blue cheese crumbles and crispy bacon pieces