Fall Kale Salad
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 6 slices Field Bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. blue cheese, crumbled (or substitute with goat cheese or feta)
- 5 oz. baby kale and spinach blend
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- For the vinaigrette: In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic and rosemary. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, boiling for 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- For the salad: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet. Drizzle squash with olive oil, and sprinkle with thyme and salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast squash for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
In a large salad bowl, add kale blend, squash, bacon, walnuts, red onion, cheese, and cranberries. Gently toss salad. Whisk vinaigrette to evenly mix the oils, then drizzle over the salad. Enjoy!