Korean Slaw Dogs
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 1 rounded tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 jalapeno peppers, julienned (remove seeds and veins)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 package Field Plump & Juicy Wieners and Franks
- 8 top-sliced buns
- 16 ounces your favorite store-bought or homemade Kimchi
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup yellow classic mustard
- Make the slaw dressing: combine rice vinegar, chili sauce, brown sugar, Dijon, olive oil, salt, pepper, & sesame oil in a pint jar, screw on the lid tightly and shake it until mixed together thoroughly.
- Toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, until slightly golden in color, and set aside. Thinly slice the savoy cabbage and place in a very large bowl. Peel & shred carrots, and add to bowl. Remove seeds & veins from jalapeño peppers, then julienne and add to the bowl. Prior to serving, add the slaw dressing to the bowl and gently fold it into the slaw.
- Make the sauce: combine 1 cup ketchup, 3 tablespoons Sriracha, 2 tablespoons tamari, and 1 teaspoon ginger.
- Grill dogs for 8 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes.
- Place 1-2 ounces of kimchi in each bun, then the hot dog, then top with slaw. Drizzle with sauce and top with additional sesame seeds.