- 10 slices Field Bacon
- 1 lb. orecchiette or other small pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed and peeled
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces pecorino cheese, shaved
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, dice bacon to desired size. Add pasta to boiling water and cook to taste.
- While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter. Add bacon and a sprinkling of pepper, and fry until golden and crisp. Immediately add butternut squash and stir for a minute or two. Add cream and chopped kale.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta. Add pasta to the skillet and stir. Add lemon juice and zest, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. The mixture should be thick; if desired, a splash of the pasta water may be added to the sauce to thin it slightly. Add shaved pecorino and stir to mix. Enjoy!
6 to 8