Shrimp, Bacon & Grits
- 2 1/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 c. water
- kosher salt
- 1 c. quick-cooking grits
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 6 oz. Field Bacon, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring 2 cups broth and water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and slowly pour in grits while stirring to keep smooth. Cook according to package instructions, then stir in 1 tablespoon butter and Parmesan. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until brown. Place bacon on a plate and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Cook onions and garlic over medium heat until softened, 4 minutes. Pour in remaining 1/4 cup broth, bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Stir until shrimp are pink and cooked through, then turn off heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and green onions.
- Serve shrimp over grits with a spoonful of sauce. Top with crumbled bacon and green onions.