Sonoran Hot Dogs
- 8 Field Old Fashioned Franks
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 jalepeños, stemmed, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 hot dog buns
- ketchup, yellow mustard and other toppings as desired
For pico de gallo:
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- Wrap each hot dog in a strip of bacon and bake for 30 minutes on 400 degrees on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Roast the jalepeños on a separate foil-lined baking sheet after coating with oil for about 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion, and cook about 10 minutes. Stir in the bell pepper and remaining oil. Season with salt and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- To make the pico de gallo, combine the tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and a drizzle of lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Build your hot dogs with desired toppings. Enjoy!