Cheesy Potato Soup with Bacon
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 4 c. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. green onions, sliced
- 5 slices Field Bacon
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery, cooking until the onion soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend flour and 1/2 c. milk. Pour slowly into the pot.
- Raise heat and let soup boil and thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese, half the green onions, and half the bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with remaining green onions, cheddar, and bacon.