Pigs in a Pretzel Blanket
- 1 package Field Plump & Juicy Wieners and Franks
- 1 lb pizza dough, shaped into 1 ball
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- sea salt, to taste
- Bring pizza dough to room temperature.
- Cut the dough into strips and stretch or roll out.
- Roll up hotdogs in pizza dough so the dough wraps around twice – leaving the ends sticking out and cutting off any excess.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet until ready to boil.
- Bring water to a light boil. Add in Baking Soda.
- Once dissolved, boil wrapped hot dogs in water mixture for 20-30 seconds each (working in small batches).
- Remove and place back on baking tray. Brush each lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425˚F for 15-20 minutes until the dough is nicely browned.